KLEK-LP is an Urban Music radio station based in Jonesboro, Arkansas. KLEK broadcasts on 102.5 F.M. The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council, the parent company, is a non-profit company whose mission is to be a “voice” for minorities within the Jonesboro Arkansas Community.
The purpose of these positions is to give students/volunteers a view into the world of radio, specifically a noncommercial/nonprofit urban radio station. After interning/volunteering with KLEK, students/volunteers will have knowledge and an understanding of station programming, show preparation and execution, technical aspects such as recording, mixing, and editing, as well as an introduction to the business side of radio.
Note: this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required and assigned as needed.
- Create and implement a social media plan to get and engage more listeners.
- Promote our Underwriters/Sponsors on Social Media to help bring awareness to and increase traffic to their businesses/organizations.
- Maintain the digital and internet based aspect of the station; tasks include-but are not limited to-podcasting interviews and updating & maintaining station websites.
- Interact and socialize with listeners through digital means.
- Compile email list of donors and supporters for communications about KLEK.
- Email supporters on our email list about KLEK events and news.
- Pass out/hang up flyers for KLEK events throughout the area.
In addition to the aforementioned requirements, an intern may be asked to do some of the following:
- Develop and produce on-air segments
- Go on the air for a limited amount of time
- Assist staff when show is broadcast from another location
- Pitch during on-air fundraisers and/or assist in other capacities during fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested please send your resume and 2 letters of recommendation to LaGanzie Kale, General Manager at [email protected]
Originally posted 2019-02-21 14:11:28.