Travis Clayton | Arkansas State
FAST BREAK FACTS
- Ending a two-game road swing, Arkansas State is set to face Louisiana at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Cajundome. Action will be broadcast live on ESPN+, while the radio broadcast can be heard on the EAB Red Wolves Radio Network at 95.3 The Ticket.
- Arkansas State has had three or more players score in double figures in 10 of its 17 games so far this season. Since the 2012-13 season, Arkansas State is 91-41 (.689) when three or more players score in double figures.
- In A-State’s seven wins, the Red Wolves have posted a 69.9% assist percentage (123 assists to 176 made baskets).
- Thursday’s game is the 71st meeting all-time between Arkansas State and Louisiana, with A-State holding a 52-18 advantage in the series.
- Arkansas State has forced 18 or more turnovers in eight of the last 10 contests. A-State has forced double-digit turnovers in all but two games this season.
- When A-State is victorious, five players average in double figures: Peyton Martin (14.3), Jireh Washington (13.1), Payton Tennison (12.5), Morgan Wallace (12.4) and Jada Ford (10.9. Wallace also nearly averages a double-double at 9.6 rebounds per game in those seven wins.
- This season, through 16 games, A-State has been among the nation’s best at getting to the free-throw line, ranking fourth in the league (49th nationally) with 348 free-throw attempts. According to HerHoopStats.com, the Red Wolves rank 25th nationally (out of 351 teams) in Free Throw Rate (% of two-point scoring attempts including all free throw trips that result in a free throw trip) with a 20.6 percent clip.
Original article source: https://astateredwolves.com/news/2020/1/22/womens-basketball-game-notes-a-state-at-louisiana.aspx | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council