KLEK-LP is an Urban Music radio station based in Jonesboro, Arkansas. KLEK broadcasts on 102.5 F.M. The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council, the parent company, is a non-profit company whose mission is to be a “voice” for minorities within the Jonesboro Arkansas Community.
The purpose of these positions is to give students/volunteers a view into the world of radio, specifically a noncommercial/nonprofit urban radio station. After interning/volunteering with KLEK, students/volunteers will have knowledge and an understanding of station programming, show preparation and execution, technical aspects such as recording, mixing, and editing, as well as an introduction to the business side of radio.
The Morning Show/Afternoon Show Producer position is strongly recommended if your desire is to be an on air talent. (Note: this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required and assigned as needed.)
- Requires being available Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. (for morning position) 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (for afternoon position). If you cannot be available CONSISTENTLY during this time frame DO NOT apply for this position.
- Read traffic reports as they come in via email.
- Summarize police reports from the daily blotter from the day before and fire reports (this should be done before you come in)
- Read local news/breaking news as it comes in.
- Post traffic updates/breaking news on KLEK Social Media.
- Conduct guest interviews.
- Take song requests.
- Answer the telephone.
In addition to the aforementioned requirements, an intern may be asked to do some of the following:
- Develop and produce on-air segments
- Go on the air for a limited amount of time
- Assist staff when show is broadcast from another location
- Pitch during on-air fundraisers and/or assist in other capacities during fundraising events
- Other duties as assigned
If you are interested please send your resume and 2 letters of recommendation to LaGanzie Kale, General Manager at [email protected]