JONESBORO – Students from Arkansas State University’s strategic communication program, including three online students, captured 11 Prism Awards at the annual Arkansas Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) awards ceremony in Little Rock.
The awards include submissions from assignments in strategic communication case studies, strategic visual communication, social media in strategic communication, and advertising elements and execution, according to Dr. Myleea Hill, professor of strategic communication.
“Prism awards highlight student excellence in a range of strategic communication skills,” said Hill. “I was excited to see A-State strategic communication students from both traditional and online programs receive awards across the public relations landscape from research to social media to planning to design.”
- Mariah Dykes of Leola, research project;
- Mariah Dykes of Leola and Victoria Eckert of Cabot, communication campaign;
- Ruztique Kelly of Little Rock, Destiney Robertson of Dexter, Mo., and Reneisha James of Jonesboro, integrated communications;
- Paige Ellis of Omaha, visual communication, logo, (online student);
- Carson Sanders of Sherwood, newsletter;
- Matthew Miller of Wynne, visual communication, public relations advertising;
- Melissa Walker of Superior Township, Washtenaw, Mich., visual communication, presentation/PowerPoint, (online student);
- Imani Udoumana of Nashville, Tenn., visual communication, promotional pieces;
- Ashley May of Hood River, Ore., interactive/social media, blog, (online student);
- Kassi Loyd of Marked Tree, interactive/social media, social media ad;
- Leah Hendrix of White Hall and Addison McCreless of Paragould, interactive/social media, YouTube video.
The Arkansas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America recognizes exceptional public relations programs and the skills of the state’s practitioners, companies and organizations at its annual Prism Awards. Student entries were made through the A-State Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), a chartered chapter of the national organization.
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/strategic-communication-students-win-11-prism-awards | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council