Travis Clayton | Arkansas State
at (RV) LOUISIANA
Saturday, October 24 • 1:00 PM CT • Lafayette, Louisiana
Earl K. Long Gym
|ESPN+ • Live Stats
Last Meeting: A-State, 3-2 (Nov. 21, 2019 in San Marcos, Texas)
A-State Record vs Louisiana: 50-18 • Streak: A-State, 1
- Arkansas State has met Louisiana 68 times dating back to 1980. The two teams have been conference mates since 1982 and A-State leads the series 50-18. Louisiana took two of the three meetings in 2019, but the Red Wolves won the most recent contest – 3-2 in the SBC Tournament.
- A-State ranks second in the Sun Belt Conference in opponent hitting percentage (.131) and is first in blocks per set (2.87).
- Arkansas State has held its opponents to a hitting percentage of .200 or less in seven of eight matches, including three sub-.100 marks. Dating back to last season, A-State has held its foes to under .200 in 10 of the last 12 matches.
- A-State is 41-1 since the 2017 season when taking the first two sets – 2-0 in 2020.
- Madison Brown’s 89 attacks versus UT Arlington (10/16) is the most by a Red Wolf in school history and the most in a single match in NCAA Division I this season. Her career-high 24 kills marked the second time this season an A-State player eclipsed the 20-kill mark, matching last season’s total. Against the Mavericks, the Red Wolves totaled 222 attacks and 125 digs – the most by A-State since prior to 2010.
- Tatum Ticknor’s 37 digs vs. UTA stands as the most in a single match in the NCAA this year and was the most by an A-State player since Markie Schaedig‘s 40 versus UT Arlington on Oct. 17, 2014. Ticknor also ranks inside the top 10 in two categories on the NCAA Division I active career leader lists – Digs (10th – 1,259) and Digs Per Set (3rd – 4.53).
- A-State leads the Sun Belt Conference in blocks per set (2.87). The Red Wolves have recorded 10.0 blocks in seven of its eight matches, including a season-high 15.0 on 10/16 at UT Arlington. In 2019, A-State reached 10 or more blocks eight times in 29 matches.
- Louisiana enters the weekend 11-3 after dropping three matches to Texas State last weekend (3-0, 3-2, 3-0). Before the three-match skid, the Ragin’ Cajuns won 11 straight en route to a top-15 ranking in the AVCA coaches poll. This week, Louisiana received seven votes in the top 15 poll.
- Lauren Musante owns the bulk of A-State’s double doubles this year after recording three at UT Arlington, giving her six of the team’s 10 total. In two of those matches, Musante recorded a 40-20 effort.
Original article source: https://astateredwolves.com/news/2020/10/22/womens-volleyball-preview-a-state-at-louisiana.aspx | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council