News Media Advisory: Mom’s Day Observance is Saturday, April 21, at Arkansas State University 4/20/2018
WHAT: First “Mom’s Day” observance at A-State — day of campus events, highlighted by “Mom’s Day” Tea WHEN: Saturday, April 21 WHERE: Various campus locations and Chancellor’s Residence DETAILS: The purpose of Mom’s Day is to honor mothers and the impact they have had on A-State’s students. Everyone was invited to nominate their mother or mother figure in their lives, and explain how special that person has been to them. Nominees could be anyone who has played the motherly role, including aunts, sisters, grandparents, etc. The entry submission deadline was April 6; a campus committee will select a “Mom of the Year” to be recognized at the tea, hosted by Beth Damphousse. More details are on the Mom’s Day website<www.astate.edu/a/leadership-center/moms-day/>. SCHEDULE: While on campus, visitors can enjoy any or all of the Mom’s Day activities including:
* Active Minds 5K at 8 a.m., starting at Pavilion
* Breakfast at Red WOLF Center, starting at 9 a.m.
* Yoga with Mom, 9:30 a.m., Red WOLF Center
* Residence Hall Open House, starting at 10 a.m.
* Mom’s Day Tea, Noon to 2 p.m., Chancellor’s Residence, 1503 East Nettleton Ave.
* Spring football game, 3 p.m., Centennial Bank Stadium
* Choir Concert at 3 p.m., Fowler Center’s Riceland Hall
* Baseball game at 6:30 p.m., Tomlinson Stadium-Kell Field. ONSITE CONTACT: Beth Silverthorn, Student Affairs, (870) 273-6577 # # #