JONESBORO – Eight area high schools were planning to hold their annual commencement ceremonies at Arkansas State University during the month of May.
In keeping with the practice began last year, A-State will light the tower of Dean B. Ellis Library in the school’s color during the evening before or the evening of the scheduled date for each ceremony, according to Chancellor Kelly Damphousse.
“We want to continue to use this means to recognize each of these schools and the graduating students’ achievements,” he added. This year’s ceremonies on campus had to be cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Seven of the ceremonies this year were set for First National Bank Arena, with the eighth at Fowler Center’s Riceland Hall.
Here are the schools and the date the library tower will be lighted in the school color:
- Friday, May 1: Valley View High School, blue
- Saturday, May 2: Nettleton High School, gold
- Tuesday, May 5: Brookland High School, red
- Monday, May 11: Paragould High School, blue
- Tuesday, May 12: Jonesboro High School, gold
- Friday, May 15: Greene County Tech High School, green
- Saturday, May 16: East Poinsett County High School, red
- Monday, May 18: Westside High School, red
- Thursday, May 21: Marked Tree High School, blue
# # #
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/library-tower-lightings-celebrate-area-school-graduations | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council