JONESBORO, Ark. (10/4/22) – In advance of Saturday’s home “Howl-o-ween” matchup against South Alabama at Centennial Bank Stadium, A-State Athletics has compiled the following information intended to help fans have the opportunity to have the best game day experience.
9:00 AM – Textbook Brokers merchandise trailer opens in Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City
11:00 AM – International Tours ticket booth, located on west side of Centennial Bank Stadium, opens
11:00 AM – Parking Lots Open
Noon – “Trunk or Treating” begins in Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City
Noon – Arkansas State’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will offer face painting, a coloring station and candy bags in the A-State Athletics Tailgate tent
Noon – Ticket booth at Gate 17 (Southeast side of stadium) opens
Noon – Hijinx Kids Zone opens in Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City at Mike Watson Park
Noon – A-State Team Shop opens across from the International Tours ticket booth
12:45 PM – Red Wolf Walk begins in Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City at Mike Watson Park
1:00 PM – Gates open to Centennial Bank Stadium
1:00 PM – Hayrides begin around the football practice field, presented by Greenway Equipment
2:50 PM – “Sound of the Natural State” begins pregame show
3:01 PM – Howl leads Red Wolves on to the field
3:02 PM – Coin Toss
3:05 PM – Kick-off
End of the Third Quarter – Centennial Bank Stadium “Singalong” song
Kids, families and fans are encouraged to join in the fun by wearing costumes and taking part in the Howl-O-Ween activities that are set to begin at 12:00 p.m. with a Trunk or Treat experience in Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City, located directly west of Centennial Bank Stadium. Along with fans and businesses that have a tent located in Tailgate City, A-State student-athletes will be passing out candy leading up to and after the Red Wolf Walk that starts at 12:45 p.m.
The Red Wolves’ student-athletes passing out candy will also be signing autographs and taking photos. Led by members of our Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), face painting, arts and crafts and additional photograph opportunities will be available in a tent located on the west side of Tailgate City. The Hijinx Kids Zone will be located on the north side of Tailgate City, where special trick-or-treat bags will be distributed.
Additionally, a hayride with our student-athletes and sponsored by Greenway will be running at the football practice fields (located just south of Tailgate City) from 1:00-2:30 p.m.
During the game, the Sound of the Natural State will have a Halloween-themed halftime performance. There will be a costume contest as well, and the winner will receive a party with Howl. Halloween-themed music will also be played at times throughout the game.
Also during the game, fans can enjoy a special offer: a hot dog and 16-ounce fountain drink for just $5. This offer is available at our concession stands in the Northwest and Southeast corners of Centennial Bank Stadium.
Saturday’s game is also our annual Ag Day event, celebrating the important role agriculture plays to our area, the entire State of Arkansas and the world. This year’s event is sponsored by Greenway Equipment, Farm Bureau, the A-State College of Agriculture, the Mid-South Ford Dealers, Farmers Union Insurance and Case IH. Before the game, we will recognize these sponsors as well as three recipients of this year’s Ag Day Scholarships.
You can also help celebrate Ag Day be visiting the Greenway Equipment tent inside Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City. They’ll be giving away a Stihl Leaf Blower to once lucky fan that stops by prior to kickoff.
GENERAL TICKETING INFORMATION
- The International Tours ticket booth, located on the West Side of Centennial Bank Stadium, will open at noon.
- Group tickets are available in select areas for groups of 10 or more by calling the A-State Ticket Office at 870-972-2781.
- To purchase tickets in advance, visit AStateRedWolves.com/Tickets here
- Fans are encouraged to use the mobile ticketing option for a touchless entry into the stadium. More information on mobile ticketing can be found at AStateRedWolves.com/Tickets.
SUGGESTED ENTRY GATES
On game day, bring your printed or mobile ticket to your suggested entry gate (see below for suggested gates) and scan for a touchless entry into the stadium. Instructions on how to print can be found at AStateRedWolves.com/Tickets.
- Gate 2: Sections B, C, AA, BB
- Gates 5-9: (Wayne and Virginia Baker Gateway): Johnny Allison Tower, Sections D, E, F, CC, DD
- Gate 11: North End Zone, sections G, H, EE, FF
- Gate 13: Sections P, Q, R, PP, QQ, RR
- Gate 15: Students U, V and band for section T
- Gate 17: Sections S, SS, TT
- Gate 3: Media Will Call
- Gate 4: A-State Player Guests/High School Coaches
- Gate 5: General Will Call
- Gate 11: A-State recruits
- Gate 15: Student Entrance
- Gate 17: Visiting Team Will Call
- An ATM is located directly under the Johnny Allison Tower on the west concourse.
- A first aid station is located on both the east (near gates 15-16) and west sides (near main gates 5-9) of the stadium. For immediate assistance, please see a stadium usher for direction.
- Lost & Found is located on both the east and west sides of the stadium near first aid. For questions, please ask a stadium usher in your vicinity.
- Please help keep our campus beautiful. Trash and recycling receptacles will be available throughout the stadium.
- Bring your student ID to gate 15 or 17 on the east side of the stadium.
- Student seating will be in section U and V. If U and V are full, students may sit in VV or WW directly above U and V.
- Tailgating in The Pines is permissible
- Students must drop off any tailgating items by 12 p.m.
- Vehicles will not be allowed in The Pines after 12 p.m.
HALSEY THRASHER HARPOLE TAILGATE CITY AT MIKE WATSON PARK
- Arkansas State is one of more than 75 collegiate and professional sports programs to partner with REVEL XP to provide the opportunity for turnkey tailgating, as well as offer new amenities to Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City at Mike Watson Park. REVEL XP offers fans options ranging from a 10×10 plot of land inside Tailgate City to packages including tents, table, chairs, food, drink, signage and even satellite television.
- For more information on securing your spot in Tailgate City, either game-by-game or for the season, which comes with a 20-percent discount, call 870-495-2335 or visit RevelXP.com/Arkansas-State.
- There are more exciting changes in store for Tailgate City in 2022. The Hijinx Kid’s Zone will also be relocated within the area for the 2022 season and will open four hours prior to kickoff at 2:00 p.m. The Kid’s Zone features carnival games, inflatables, face painting, various A-State Athletics teams who sign autographs and more.
- Red Wolf Walk returns to Halsey Thrasher Harpole Tailgate City at Mike Watson Park in 2022. Players will start the Red Wolf Walk near the A-State Pavilion and proceed through the main gates (Gates 5-9) inside to Centennial Bank Stadium.
NORTH END ZONE LOGE BOXES
North End Zone ticket holders will be able to go down into the tunnel for pregame, halftime and postgame this year to cheer on the team as they enter and leave Allison Field. Loge Boxes in the North End Zone are available for purchase by contacting the Red Wolves Foundation at 870-972-2401 or visiting RedWolvesFoundation.com
Arkansas State’s official Team Shop will be open and is located on the west concourse across from the International Tours Ticket Booth. Fans can purchase official team gear that the Red Wolves wear and much more at the Team Shop.
BETSARACEN BEER GARDENS
New at Centennial Bank Stadium in 2022 is the BetSaracen Beer Garden on both the east and west concourses of the stadium as part of the NEA Sports Club.
- BetSaracen Beer Gardens are located at the northwest corner of the west concourse and central point of the east concourse near The Pines.
- ID will be required and validated for members at the BetSaracen Beer Garden.
- The BetSaracen Beer Gardens are open when gates open (2 hours prior to kickoff) and close at the end of the third quarter.
- Members will not be allowed to take beverages out of each designated BetSaracen Beer Garden.
CLEAR BAG POLICY
- Fans will be permitted to enter with a clear bag that does not exceed 12 inches height by 6 inches in depth by 12 inches in width.
- Fans will be allowed to carry in a small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand or 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, with or without handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Backpacks (including clear)
- Cameras with a lens greater than six inches
- Car seats
- Cinch bag
- Computer bag
- Diaper bag
- Fanny pack
- Ice chest/cooler
- Laser pointers
- Mesh bags
- Stadium chairs with arms
- Outside food or drink
- Oversized tote bag
- Signs on poles
- Shoes with wheels
- Strollers (umbrella strollers allowed)
- Tinted plastic bags
- Golf umbrellas/umbrellas that obstruct peoples view
- Video cameras
- Zippered cushions
- Anything deemed hazardous or unsafe by ASUPD, JPD or event management staff
PARKING LOTS OPEN AT 11:00 AM
- Arkansas State University reminds all members of the campus and Jonesboro community of important campus guidelines and state laws related to parking.
- Administration of campus parking lots designated as Red Wolves Foundation or paid parking begins at 1:00 p.m. on game day.
- Starting at 11 a.m. prior to the 3 p.m. kickoff for A-State’s games, residents should be prepared for high traffic volume of fans headed to Centennial Bank Stadium.
- One-way traffic flow around Centennial Bank Stadium begins at approximately 11 a.m., and parking lots near the stadium require appropriate Red Wolves Foundation parking passes.
- Parking on the side of state or federal highways is prohibited. Law enforcement will be ticketing and towing vehicles that are parked on the shoulders of Johnson Avenue (Arkansas Highway 18) or along Red Wolf Boulevard (US Highway 49).
- Paid parking is available south of First National Bank Arena and Tomlinson Stadium off of Olympic Drive in designated grass parking areas for $10 per vehicle, cash only.
- Parking on grass surfaces is only allowed in designated tailgating areas, and in the free parking area located south of Aggie Road.
- Along with open parking lots across the campus, more than 2,000 free parking spaces will be available to football game fans.
- Certain private parking areas, such as parking at Cooper Alumni Center and the Judd Hill Center as well as the St. Bernard’s Healthcare Clinic and the Embassy Suites, are not open to parking by the general public.
- Parking on grass not specifically designated for parking is prohibited. Football and band practice facilities and the sides of campus roads have been roped off to prohibit parking. Moving of rope barriers may result in ticketing and towing of vehicles illegally parked.
- A handicap shuttle is available from H Lot at First National Bank Arena with drop-off at Centennial Bank Stadium Gates 2-3.
- No cars will be allowed on sidewalks, bike paths or multi-use paths across the Arkansas State University campus, and vehicles should not use cross walks to exit parking lots.
- For questions or concerns, please contact the Red Wolves Foundation at 870-972-2401.
As a reminder, all ticketed A-State stadium or arena events adhere to a clear bag policy, and fans are reminded to leave non-clear bags in their vehicles
Single game tickets, including the Woodard-McAlister Family Club Level, for the Red Wolves’ 2022 campaign are available for purchase through the A-State Ticket Office, located at First National Bank Arena’s lower red entrance. They are also available by phone at 870-972-2781 or online at AStateRedWolves.com/tickets.
Know Before You Go: A-State vs South Alabama. Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council