KLEK is on a search for the best chili in North East Arkansas! Bring us the best chili! Entry is limited to 10 chili combatants.
Registration must be completed and fee must be paid by Oct. 29 th , 2019.
1st Prize (Best Overall Chili) – ribbon
1st Prize (per category: Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, and Vegetable) – ribbon
Spiciest Chili – certificate
People’s Choice – trophy and certificate
Chili Cook-Off Rules
1. Chili must be cooked prior to the commencement of the official cook-off.
2. Chili must be brought and kept in crock pot or other warming container that will be placed for entry by 4:15 PM. Contestants should bring an extension cord with them in case that is needed.
3. Each contestant must cook a gallon (four quarts) of chili (one regular crock pot).
4. Contestants may choose to compete in any or all categories, but $10 entry fee per entry. You may only enter 1 chili per category.
5. Contestants are responsible to submit a contestant entry form. The contestant must prepare chili using their own selected recipe and ingredients. Contestants may bring things to garnish their chili.
6. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the Chief Scorekeeper and given five (5) sampling cups to fill and submit to the judges. (1 cup per entry/ per judge) Each contestant verifies that the number on the bottom of their cup is the same as their assigned contestant number. Each contestant is responsible for delivering their sample cups, which must be filled to cup’s lower rim, to the judging area at the official time for judging.
7. KLEK will provide:
- disposable bowls
- tables for set up
- Power for crock pots, etc.
Entry Fee – $10.00
If you do not pay your registration fee before the contest begins you will be ineligible to compete.
Chili is blind judged on Presentation, Smell/Aroma, Flavor, Texture, Overall Impression