JONESBORO – Arkansas State University’s Homecoming Week 2020, with a theme of “Howling Twenties,” begins Sunday, Sept. 20, with a week of special activities, all planned in accordance with current health and safety standards.
Homecoming Week culminates Saturday, Sept. 26, when the Red Wolves take on the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in a game scheduled to be televised nationally by ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m. at Centennial Bank Stadium.
Students may vote online for Homecoming court from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, with members of the court to be announced Tuesday, Sept. 22. The Homecoming king and queen will be announced 30 minutes prior to kickoff on game day.
The A-State Alumni Association and university officials will introduce the Distinguished Alumni of 2020 – Charles Kruse of Dexter, Mo., Anderson Neal of Texarkana, and Paden Neeley of Lewisville, Texas – at halftime of the game. The 37th annual Distinguished Alumni recognition is the most recent in a program that began in 1984.
During Homecoming Week, campus protocols on physical distancing and face coverings will be enforced at all activities due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. Many of the traditional Homecoming class reunions, organizational activities, and alumni recognition events will not be conducted this year, but should resume in 2021.
With leadership from the Student Activities Board (SAB), other highlights of the week include:
- Sunday, Sept. 20: A virtual murder mystery, “The Chicago Caper,” starts at 7 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 21: The door decorating contest and banner competition get underway at the Reng Student Union, and at 7 p.m. the gates to Centennial Bank Stadium open for a TikTok challenge premiere by the Red Wolves Dancers, followed by a screening of “The Great Gatsby” on the video board.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22: Events include a Red Cross Blood Drive, 12-6 p.m. in the Mockingbird Room of the Reng Student Union, sponsored by Volunteer A-State, and a t-shirt tie-dye event on Heritage Plaza Lawn at 6:30 p.m., prior to the announcement of the Homecoming court.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23: The blood drive continues on Wednesday, along with Homecoming t-shirt distribution and a food donation competition, beginning at 10 a.m. on Heritage Plaza Lawn.
- Thursday, Sept. 24: The annual “Order of the Pack” spirit event will start at 7:30 p.m. in Centennial Bank Stadium. Gates open at 7 p.m. During the day, student s will enjoy the “A-State Button Blitz” scavenger hunt, sponsored by the Student Philanthropy Council.
- Friday, Sept. 25: The “Yell Like Hell” spirit event and “Red Wolves Got Talent” will be held on Heritage Plaza Lawn beginning at 7 p.m.
For any adjustments to the schedule, one may check the A-State Student Activities Board website or Instagram page for updates. Other activities planned throughout the week may be found on the A-State campus calendar.
# # #
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/homecoming-week-2020-theme-is-howling-twenties- | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council