Travis Clayton | Arkansas State
FAST BREAK FACTS
- Arkansas State opens Sun Belt Conference play at UT Arlington, which was picked to finish third in the league in the preseason. Action will be broadcast live on ESPN+ with Ron Thulin and Atlanta Dream assistant coach Mike Peterson on the call, while the radio broadcast can be heard on the EAB Red Wolves Radio Network at 95.3 The Ticket.
- Arkansas State has had three or more players score in double figures in seven of its 11 games so far this season. Since the 2012-13 season, Arkansas State is 88-41 (.682) when three or more players score in double figures.
- In the Red Wolves’ three wins, they have shot 45.5 percent from deep (30-of-66).
- In SBC openers, the Red Wolves are 19-9 overall and 7-6 when opening league play on the road.
- Arkansas State has played UT Arlington 24 times dating back to the 1982-83 season, with A-State leading 16-8 overall and 8-5 in Arlington.
- The Red Wolves have won seven straight league lid-lifters and eight of their last nine. In road openers, A-State is 15-12 and has won six straight.
- Jireh Washington has scored in double figures five times in the last six games.
- With two three-pointers at Louisiana Tech on Dec. 29, Jada Ford is now tied for sixth all-time at A-State in made threes (149) with Ali Carter (2003-07). The senior now needs 10 to move into a tie for fifth with Rudy Sims (159; 2004-07).
Original article source: https://astateredwolves.com/news/2020/1/1/womens-basketball-game-notes-a-state-at-ut-arlington.aspx | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council