• The 2021 campaign marks the program’s 74th season with the Red Wolves amassing a 1,334-1,1649 all-time record dating back to the inaugural 1948 season.
• The Red Wolves are entering the midweek contest after dropping a doubleheader to UT Martin (G1 L, 21-5 / G2 L, 8-5) .
• A-State dropped the first contest 21-5 and gave up 16 walks tying the program record for most walks allowed in a single game.
• The Skyhawks put up 21 runs on only 11 hits in the contest.
• In the second game of the double header the Red Wolves rallied in bottom of the fourth, putting up three runs to pull within 8-4. A-State was able to add another run in fifth to make it 8-5 before the contest ended do to heavy rain in Jonesboro.
• A-State (0-3) hasn’t started a season 0-3 since the 2012 campaign when it dropped three straight to Lamar twice and Ole Miss to begin the season.
• Tyler Duncan had a solid performance in the game two of the Red Wolves double header. He finished the contest with three hits, three RBI, two runs, and a home run.
• Murray State enters the contest with a 4-3 record after it took three of four contest from Purdue Fort Wayne (Feb. 26 L, 6-10, Feb. 26 W, 9-5, Feb. 27 W 9-5, Feb. 27, W, 3-2).
Original article source: https://astateredwolves.com/news/2021/3/1/baseball-game-notes-a-state-at-murray-state.aspx | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council