JONESBORO – As the traditional commencement month of May continues, Arkansas State University is announcing additional lightings of the Dean B. Ellis Library clock tower in recognition of students who are graduating this month.
In addition to local area high schools, A-State will recognize its own spring 2020 graduates and those of its sister campuses in the Arkansas State University System.
“We are using this means to recognize each of these schools and the graduating students’ achievements,” Chancellor Kelly Damphousse said. This recognition is particularly important this year because the spring commencement ceremonies had to be cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here is the remaining schedule of dates the library tower will be lighted, and the schools being recognized with their school color:
- Friday, May 15: Greene County Tech High School, green
- Saturday, May 16: East Poinsett County High School and A-State, red
- Sunday, May 17: A-State, red
- Monday, May 18: Westside High School, red
- Tuesday, May 19: ASU-Newport, blue
- Wednesday, May 20: Ridgefield Christian School, green
- Thursday, May 21: Marked Tree High School, blue
- Tuesday, May 26: ASU-Beebe, blue
- Wednesday, May 27: ASU-Mountain Home, green
- Thursday, May 28: ASU Mid-South, red
- Friday, May 29: ASU Three Rivers, blue
Valley View, Nettleton, Brookland, Paragould and Jonesboro High School graduates have already been saluted with lightings of the tower earlier this month.
# # #
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/ellis-library-tower-lightings-celebrate-spring-graduates | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council