JONESBORO – Arkansas Delta Byways will present the annual Delta Awards, recognizing tourism achievement in Eastern Arkansas during 2019, during festivities Friday evening, Feb. 21, at the Technology Center for the Delta, 1790 N. Falls Boulevard in Wynne.
The evening will begin with a 5:30 p.m. silent auction, followed by the dinner and awards at 7 p.m. The event is sponsored by Arkansas Delta Byways with support from the City of Wynne and the Wynne Chamber of Commerce.
Arkansas Delta Byways, located on the Arkansas State University campus, is a nonprofit organization recognized by the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism as the official tourism promotion association for 15 counties in Eastern Arkansas.
The counties are Arkansas, Chicot, Clay, Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Desha, Drew, Greene, Lee, Mississippi, Monroe, Phillips, Poinsett and St. Francis.
The annual awards event is open to the public. Tickets are $30 per person or a table of eight for $225. For information on ticket availability, contact Gretchen Sacotnik, 870-573-6751.
Categories and the finalists for the awards are:
Media Support Award
- Deborah Horn, SEAlife, all counties
- KASU – AETN, Ken Burns “Country Music” Promotion, all counties
- “Arkansas’s Scenic Tourism Landscapes,” Arkansas Tourism photographers, all counties
- Arkansas Welcome Center of Blytheville, Mississippi County
- Women’s Service League of McGehee, Desha County
- Vicki Trimble, Cross County
- Weston Lewey, Chez Weenie, St. Francis County
- Cypress Coffee House, Mississippi County
- Delta Cultural Center Museum Gift Shop, Phillips County
Tourism Support/Promotional Award
- Helena Adventure Company and Mississippi River State Park Partnership Project, Phillips County
- Madpie’s Tea Room and Shoppes, Clay County
- Main Street Christmas Storefronts, Paragould, Greene County
Festival Event of the Year
- Christmas at the Park, Craighead County
- Delta Roots Country Festival, Phillips County
- World’s Championship Duck Calling Contest, Arkansas County
Boot Strap Award
- Lake Village Chamber of Commerce, Chicot County
- WWI Anniversary Celebration, Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Piggott PACE, Clay County
- Rector Community Museum, Clay County
Cultural Heritage Award
- Rockabilly Exhibit, Arkansas State University Museum, Craighead County
- Desha County Museum, Desha County
- “Chats with the Curator,” Southern Tenant Farmers Museum, Poinsett County
Outstanding Member Award, to be announced.
Tourism Person of the Year, to be announced.
# # #
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/delta-byways-announces-finalists-for-tourism-awards | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council