Arkansas State (2-4) vs. Mississippi Valley State (0-5)
Tuesday, Feb. 25 | 6:00 p.m. | Tomlinson Stadium/Kell Field | Jonesboro, Ark.
Watch (Facebook Live) | Live Stats | Weather Forecast
Pitching Matchup | RHP Brandon Anderson (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. TBD
Arkansas State (2-1) vs. Mississippi Valley State (0-5)
Wednesday, Feb. 26 | 4:00 p.m. | Tomlinson Stadium/Kell Field | Jonesboro, Ark.
Live Stats | Weather Forecast
Pitching Matchup | TBD vs. TBD
- The Red Wolves (2-4) are entering the midweek matchup after suffering a 3-0 series loss to New Orleans.
- Senior Chandler Coates upped his scoreless inning streak to 14 innings (14.0, 7 H, 0 R, 6 SO, 2 BB) (SFA Feb. 16 & UNO Feb. 23) , the last A-State pitcher to have a streak of that length was Tyler Zuber in 2015 against Louisville (Feb. 21, 2015) & Houston Baptist (Feb. 28, 2015) (14.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 7 SO).
- All SBC Preseason selection Jack Jumper saw his record move to 0-2 on the year, after pitching 1.1 innings where he allowed three hits, two runs and a walk in the Red Wolves 2-1 loss to New Orleans Sunday.
- Liam Hicks, Ben Klutts and Tyler Duncan have reached at least once, in the last six of the Red Wolves seven contest.
- Liam Hicks is currently on a team-high five game hit streak, Tyler Duncan trails in second with four.
- Jaylon Deshazier and Liam Hicks are the only Red Wolves to record a multiple RBI game this
- Drew Tipton, Ben Klutts, Tyler Duncan and Liam Hicks are the only four Red Wolves to record a multiple hit game on the 2020 campaign.
- Tyler Duncan currently leads Arkansas State in two statistical categories including batting average (.412) and OBP (.545) . His seven hits and three RBIs ties for most on the team with fellow Canadian Liam Hicks.
- Liam Hicks leads the Red Wolves in a number a statistical categories including slugging percentage (.636), Walks (5) and total bases (14).
- Arkansas State holds an 13-2 record all-time against schools from the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
AT THE SANDLOT
- Arkansas State leads the all-time series with Mississippi Valley State 3-1.
- Last season (2019), the Red Wolves took two from MVSU in a midweek series at Tomlinson Stadium.
- On Feb. 26, 2019 the Red Wolves defeated the Delta Devils 4-2. The Red Wolves actually trailed Mississippi Valley 2-1 entering the bottom of the eighth but Justin Felix launched a two-run blast to put the Red Wolves out front. A Tipton single would later give Arkansas State insurance.
- In the midweek series finale (Feb. 27), Arkansas State shutout the Delta Devils 10-0. The series finale saw nine hits, six RBIs, two doubles and a triple to go along with two walks.
- Arkansas State also shutout the Delta Devils 9-0 in 2017.
- In 2017, A-State and Mississippi Valley State played last season with the Delta Devils coming back to win a 10-9 decision after scoring seven runs in the eighth inning. It’s the only meeting between the two squads.
- The Red Wolves and Mississippi Valley State were scheduled to play in 2016, but the game was rained out.
- Arkansas State holds an 13-2 record all-time against schools from the SWAC. A-State is 10-1 against UAPB all-time and is 1-0 against Jackson State, but had to vacate the 11-10 win against the Tigers in 2007.
Original article source: https://astateredwolves.com/news/2020/2/24/-astatebaseball-to-host-mississippi-valley-state.aspx | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council