Voters should call the County Clerk’s Office to determine if they are registered to vote
and to find the Precinct Number assigned. (870) 933-4520.Any person eligible to vote by absentee ballot may request the County Clerk to mail to an Address within the continental United States an application for an absent ballot. [ACA 7-5-403(b) (1)]
ABSENTEE VOTING PROCEDURES
QUALIFICATIONS TO VOTE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT:
- Any person who will be unavoidably absent from his voting place on the date of the election.
- Any person who will be unable to attend the polls on Election Day because of illness or physical disability.
- Must be signed by the applicant
- Delivered to and Received by the office of the County Clerk
- a. In person – no later than the time that the County Clerk’s office closed on the day before election
- b. By mail – no later than seven days before the election.
- c. By fax – no later than seven days before the election. Will be accepted only upon verification of the facsimile signature of voter.
- d. By designated bearer – no later than County Clerk’s Office closes on day before election.
For more information, visit the Craighead County Clerk webpage.