JONESBORO – The 41st annual Convocation of Scholars at Arkansas State University will feature a number of events recognizing outstanding students and faculty during the month of April.
The Convocation of Scholars events will culminate with the presentation of the R. E. Lee Wilson Citizenship Award and the Distinguished Service Awards at a campus ceremony on Thursday, April 25. The Wilson Award and DSAs are A-State’s top awards for graduating students.
The ninth annual “[email protected]: A Symposium of Research, Scholarship and Creativity,” involves scores of students in scholarly and artistic presentations Monday through Wednesday, April 15-17, in the Carl R. Reng Student Union. Details are online.
Faculty Honors Convocation will be Tuesday, April 9, beginning at 2 p.m. in Centennial Hall of the Reng Student Union. Recipients of the Faculty Achievement Awards in teaching, scholarship, professional service and academic advising will be announced, and retiring faculty members will be recognized for their service to Arkansas State.
The 25th annual Delta Symposium, an academic conference with this year’s theme, “Dislocation and the Delta,” will run Wednesday through Saturday, April 10-13, concluding with the Roots Music Festival in Jonesboro’s City Water and Light Park on April 14. The symposium schedule is online.
[email protected], the Faculty Honors Convocation, and Delta Symposium are open to the public.
The Excellence in Diversity awards reception will start at 6 p.m., Thursday, April 18, conducted by the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement.
Academic units have scheduled recognition ceremonies as follows:
- College of Agriculture banquet (agriculture and technology awards), 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 23;
- Neil Griffin College of Business honors banquet, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 8;
- College of Education and Behavioral Science honors banquet, 6 p.m., Monday, April 8;
- College of Engineering and Computer Science banquet, 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 1;
- College of Liberal Arts and Communication honors awards ceremony, 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 9;
- College of Nursing and Health Professions honors banquet, 6 p.m., Monday, April 22;
- College of Sciences and Mathematics honors reception, 5:30 p.m., Thursday, April 18;
- Department of Communication honors banquet, 6 p.m., Wednesday, April 10;
- Department of Media honors banquet, 6:30 p.m., Thursday, April 4; and
- Undergraduate Studies honors reception, 2 p.m., Thursday, April 25.
Other scheduled recognition events are: Beta Gamma Sigma induction, 5:30 p.m., April 8; Kappa Tau Alpha induction, 5:45 p.m., April 10; Music Department Honors Recital, 7:30 p.m., April 8; Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society initiation banquet, 6 p.m., April 15; and Mossie Richmond-Afak Haydar International Student Scholarship awards dinner, 5:30 p.m., April 11.
# # #
Original article source: http://www.astate.edu/news/41st-annual-convocation-of-scholars-starts-monday | Article may or may not reflect the views of KLEK 102.5 FM or The Voice of Arkansas Minority Advocacy Council